DX (Digital Transformation) Trends Shaping 2020
We’ve been hearing “Digital Transformation” for years which encompasses Cloud, Edge Compute, Artificial Intelligence and IoT (Internet of Things). As Forbes stated, “Digital Transformation always seemed like the same chairs being rearranged around the same old room. 2020 will be a departure from that.”
Here are the 5 foreseen DX trends that companies will need to be aware of:
1. IoT (Internet of Things) as an engine for DX – The Internet of Things (IoT) is a term used to describe the continually growing network of internet-connected electronic devices that are in operation around the world today. According to the projection of the statista Research Department, 75.44 billion devices will be connected with the IoT worldwide by 2025. IoT internet technology is the next major step in making the world a connected place.
2. The rise of 5G – 5G is the fuel that IOT needs, Country’s big telecommunication players (Globe, Smart, and PLDT) are now 100% positive on this great leap for 5G connectivity. Based on the global forecast, 5G will not be limited to phones by bringing faster internet connection. It will also intensify advancement in the smart city, smart vehicle, smart manufacturing, and scores of IoT-intensive technologies hungry for 5G.
3. Fast Wi-Fi all over the world – Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) and 5G will have a promising faster and end-to-end internet connection for Home and Office. The true value of Wi-Fi 6 will be its ability to extend faster data speeds to far more devices than Wi-Fi 5 was able to manage. Meaning, it will provide more Wi-Fi connected devices and the increased quality and volume of data consumed through Wi-Fi networks.
4. Analytics: Business Edge – Unlocking and analyzing data is at the heart of digital transformation. Putting their data to work makes businesses improve customer experiences, step-up from streamline operations, and quickly launch new products and services to surpass the competition.
5. AI and ML (Machine Learning) become a catalyst for data analytics – In connection with the latter, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning will serve as its catalyst in bringing seas of information and data you aim to put to good use. Due to the increasing demand of customers, companies have started to use artificial intelligence and machine learning to create an artificial mechanism that can mimic a real person and give solutions to customers easily and quickly. AI and Machine Learning affect different areas of business and help them grow speedily. The value of AI and machine learning to data analytics can be distilled into three separate value propositions: speed, scale, and convenience.
Source: Forbes, CIO, Thrive Global, Globe, Smart, PLDT, Statista